Message Content Protection

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Wed Oct 1 10:41:04 IST 2003

I am currently trying to use the MCP feature of MailScanner. I have
upgraded to SpamAssassin 2.6 and am using the latest version of MS.
The maillog mentions that it is starting MCP checks but then nothing is
happening.

I want to use MCP to filter out Delivery Status Reports (read receipt, not
read, etc.)

Attached is the rules file I created, below is what I have in my
MailScanner.conf. Maybe I have just made a complete mess of the rules
files as there seems to be no message whatsoever in the maillog that
anything failed!

Also am I correct that there is no way to suppress the sender MCP report?
I want to suppress these messages originating from our own organization,
and don't want any reports returned.

%mcp-dir% = /etc/MailScanner/mcp

MCP Checks = yes

MCP Required SpamAssassin Score = 1
MCP High SpamAssassin Score = 99
MCP Error Score = 1

MCP Header = X-MailScanner-MCPCheck:
Non MCP Actions = deliver
MCP Actions = deliver
High Scoring MCP Actions = delete forward root at linuxgw.ecem.com

Is Definitely MCP = no
Is Definitely Not MCP = no
Definite MCP Is High Scoring = no
Always Include MCP Report = no
Detailed MCP Report = yes
Include Scores In MCP Report = yes
Log MCP = yes

MCP Max SpamAssassin Timeouts = 20
MCP Max SpamAssassin Size = 100000
MCP SpamAssassin Timeout = 10

MCP SpamAssassin Prefs File = %mcp-dir%/mcp.spam.assassin.prefs.conf
MCP SpamAssassin User State Dir =
MCP SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir = %mcp-dir%
MCP SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir = %mcp-dir%
MCP SpamAssassin Install Prefix = %mcp-dir%
Sender MCP Report = %report-dir%/en/sender.mcp.report.txt