Postfix or Sendmail for MS & SA?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 08:52:09 IST 2003

Exim and sendmail will work significantly faster with MailScanner than
Postfix will.
This is due to the queue structures. Wietse's Postfix may be all very
clever but it requires a *lot* more I/O on MailScanner's part, which is not
needed with Exim and sendmail.

If you need some Exim help, I'm sure you could bribe Tony Finch into
helping you get going. Otherwise, there is a very good book called
"sendmail Performance Tuning" which will help you get the most out of your
system.

At 21:10 30/09/2003, you wrote:

--
Julian Field