mqueue.in having stuck mails again

Daniel Tan danieltan at shopnsave.com.sg
Wed Oct 1 03:35:29 IST 2003

i can't seem to comprehend the error messages in /var/log/messages. my mails
are all stuck in /var/spool/mqueue.in
yesterday due to power failure in my building, once power resume...the
server started having this problem...i have tried restarting and stoppin
MailScanner and sendmail separately but no use..anyone knows what the errors
says?

i ran top and saw MailScanner (defunct) process appearring then
disappearing....

Oct  1 10:23:32 mail MailScanner:  succeeded
Oct  1 10:23:34 mail last message repeated 2 times
Oct  1 10:24:24 mail root: Process did not exit cleanly, returned 255 with
signa
l 0
Oct  1 10:25:04 mail last message repeated 4 times
Oct  1 10:26:14 mail last message repeated 7 times
Oct  1 10:27:24 mail last message repeated 7 times
Oct  1 10:27:44 mail last message repeated 2 times
Oct  1 10:27:52 mail ipop3d[24033]: Login failed user=newbiz7 auth=newbiz7
host=
[192.168.0.57]
Oct  1 10:27:54 mail root: Process did not exit cleanly, returned 255 with
signa
l 0
Oct  1 10:28:34 mail last message repeated 4 times

Regards,
Daniel Tan
67469188 Ext.665
DID: 68430665
MIS Department
Shop N Save Pte Ltd
: danieltan at shopnsave.com.sg

[This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you.]