Sobig.f back?

Sat Nov 29 21:26:09 GMT 2003

Hi!

> >12225 W32/Swen.A at mm
> >1265 W32/Bugbear.B at mm
> >1121 W32/Klez.H at mm

> Curious - why do you get so many virus hits on your mail server? Its
> obviously you get a LOT of message through here, but dont you have your
> mailserver behind a firewall that blocks some attachment types and virus?

Its simply the load on the boxes, MS is our filtering, we have 15-20 mbit
mail sustained, at peak times, so its no real surprise we get high number
on busted virusses, thats what we have MS for :)

Its behind a load balancer, and some simple firewall rules, but i'd rather
filter them with MS then some fw rule. Our experience is that is far more
accurate.

Bye,
Raymond.