multiple signatures based on IP

Matthijs Althoff m.althoff at BROMBERG.DEMON.NL
Fri Nov 28 22:49:34 GMT 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:42:16 +0000, Matthijs Althoff
<m.althoff at BROMBERG.DEMON.NL> wrote:

>I have been asked by someone for which my system handles e-mail
>scanning but who is not in my local LAN (10.10.) to set a signature
>at the bottom of each outgoing message. This members has smpt/pop3
>access from the Internet address xx.xx.xx.xx Somehow It wound add a
>signature, can it be IP based or did I somehow miss-configured?

Never mind the question the configuration is working. The Office
Exchange server in use adds a send-from header which did not trigger
my configuration while using a mapi client. Below you will find my
final configuration in case someone else want to use multiple
signatures or disclamer based on ip address of domain name.

10.10.      = every one within my own LAN
xx.xx.xx.xx = is someone outside LAN network for which my
              server does e-mail scanning

/etc/MailScanner/Mailscanner.conf
Inline Text Signature = %rules-dir%/sig.text.rules
Inline HTML Signature = %rules-dir%/sig.html.rules
Sign Clean Messages = /etc/MailScanner/rules/signing.rules