Trustix 2.0

Stephen Lee splee at PLEXIO.COM
Thu Nov 27 15:02:38 GMT 2003

Hi,

Has anyone attempted to install the MS RPM on Trustix 2.0? A number of
the RPM directory locations are different from those of a Redhat system and
I've tried to add soft links to get the Perl modules to build but now am
running into $ARCH (eg. rpmbuild puts the rpm in i586 but rpm -Uvh looks
for them in i386) and dependency issues (says perl >= 0:5.00503 needed
but I have the Perl 5.8.0 rpm).

I would love to see the RPM version of MS work on Trustix 2.0 since I'm
migrating away from Redhat.

Thanks,
Stephen

ps. I need to add this line because the MS maillist manager didn't like
me using an unauthorized return address and even when I sent the message
again with the correct return address I was required to add something to
make it "look" different enough to bypass the duplicate posting filter.
(ie. ignore this part ;-)