Trustix 2.0

Massimo Gaspari max.gaspari at MERCATONEUNO.IT
Thu Nov 27 14:26:36 GMT 2003

Yes ...

But i have used tar.gz

bye

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Potter [mailto:rpotter at RPCS.NET]
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 3:12 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Trustix 2.0

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Stephen Lee wrote:

> Has anyone attempted to install the MS RPM on Trustix 2.0? A number of

> the RPM directory locations are different than on a Redhat system and
> I've tried to add soft links to get the Perl modules to build but now
> am running into $ARCH (eg. rpmbuild puts the rpm in i586 but rpm -Uvh
> looks for them in i386) and dependency issues (says perl >= 0:5.00503
> needed but I have the Perl 5.8.0 rpm).

I just tested this last night :-) The install script can easily be
modified to fix the /usr/src/trustix paths, and also the i586/i386
difference.

I also had a problem with a some dependency issues, which will need a
further look. I'm testing trustix on a spare box, on a "when I get time
basis".

Anyone else tried/trying Trustix with MailScanner?

Cheers!
--
Richard Potter RHCE
Re/Max

--
Il messaggio e' stato controllato dal nostro "Sistema di Protezione".
Evita comunque di aprire gli allegati se non strettamente necessario!

Area.NET Mercatone UNO