parsing rules files & finding offensive lines

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Wed Nov 26 20:23:11 GMT 2003

Hi,

we have an installation with a sysadmin who is able (kind of) to create
whitelist & blacklist rules.

We did a rough web page for him to add address patterns to block or
whitelist and then create the spam.whitelist.rules and
spam.blacklist.rules from there.

Now, if a rule has a problem in the pattern, MailScanner happily (and
silently) dies...

Typical problems are patterns like that must include a "+" or "="...
these have to be prepended by a "\".

The question is, is there a way to verify a rule is correct (at least to
the point of _not_ making MailScanner silently die)?

I'd like to verify rulesets (or better yet individual rules) off-line so
I can warn the user (or at least forbid him to apply the new ruleset).

For what I saw, ruleset processing is deep inside MailScanner::Config

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby