Virus-Warning mail does not reach recipient.

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Tue Nov 25 21:44:38 GMT 2003

Hi Julian & Co,

I just noticed something strange. My settings:

Notify Senders = yes
Notify Senders Of Viruses = no
Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes = yes
Notify Senders Of Other Blocked Content = yes
Never Notify Senders Of Precedence = list bulk
Deliver Disinfected Files = yes
Silent Viruses = Klez Yaha-E Bugbear Braid-A WinEvar Sobig Swen Gibe
Still Deliver Silent Viruses = no

Then I fooled around a bit with messages with single-part MIME and
base64 encoded body that contained an exe.

The good thing: All bodies were caught due to filetype.rules.conf.

But: While the administrator and the sender received warning mails, I
(the recipient) have not. This is probably because since the base64
block was blocked the mail that could have been sent to me would have
had an empty body and a VirusWarning.txt as attachment. Still: That is
what I would have expected.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Regards,
  JP