Moving Bayes DB to Another System

Nathan Johanson nathan at TCPNETWORKS.NET
Tue Nov 25 15:34:47 GMT 2003

Thanks Joshua,

Good call. Besides the DB_File perl module, I should probably make sure
I'm running the same version of the DB3 package as well.

For reasons beyond my control, we're holding off on RHEL 3 and migrating
from RH 7.2 to RHEL 2.1 (to buy a few more years of errata). From what I
can tell, all of the packages between these two distributions are nearly
identical.

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Hirsh, Joshua [mailto:joshua.hirsh at PARTNERSOLUTIONS.CA]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 7:20 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Moving Bayes DB to Another System

Hi Nathan,

 I assume your moving to RHEL 3 from RHL 9?

 I think you would only run into problems if you switched the DB format
of
the Bayes files. Ie: Switching to DB_File from another format. Assuming
you
had the DB_File perl module installed on the old server, and the version
is
the same on the new server, it should be a clean move.

 Cheers,

-Joshua