[OT] Re: Multiple destination mailertable

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Tue Nov 25 09:57:19 GMT 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, David Hooton wrote:

> Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> > You could put in a round robin DNS entry for those.
>
> Unfortunately if we have 3 hosts and do this, and one host goes down,
> one in three attempts will fail.  The idea I'm looking for would be
> similar to MX records only from the mailertable.

(We really are now way off-topic on this MailScanner list...)

Perhaps a combination of two things:

 1. Round-robin DNS;

 2. Something like "heartbeat" from www.linux-ha.org (it does UNIX, not
    just Linux), so that your n hosts (UNIX/Linux) can monitor each other
    and take over on failure.

Hope that helps.