Archives with passwords

Tony Johansson tony.johansson at SVENSKAKYRKAN.SE
Mon Nov 24 18:54:04 GMT 2003

I dont know if anyone noticed but this is now a technique that is beeing
used, see http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virus.aspx?ID=37602

I took a brief look at the "file" commands /usr/share/magic and instantly
broke out in hives...

Wouldn't it be easier to implement a "deny encrypted archives" through
command line scanners that say something intelligent? I've tried the ones I
have installed:
trend: *** Scan error -92
inoculan: Failed to extract <file> Reason:4
f-secure: ERROR: Password protected file

Regards, Tony