Pop3

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Sun Nov 23 18:29:34 GMT 2003

If you haven't figured it out already, POP3 is actually part of the
IMAP package, so be sure you installed the imap rpm.  On RedHat 7.3 the
latest is imap-2001a-10.

Imap and pop are generally run from xinetd, so you don't start them
from "/init.d/imap".  I don't even have that file on my system, which
makes me wonder about how you installed imap and pop3.

Check that you have files:

/etc/xinetd.d/imap
/etc/xinet.d/pop3

then make sure that inside those files "disable" is set to "no".

Restart xinetd with "service xinetd restart".

Now try it.

Mark