easynet quits

hermit921 hermit921 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Nov 21 17:30:40 GMT 2003

I saw the announcement below on spamtools today.  I want to verify that as
long as my MailScanner.conf line is

Spam List =

Then this can't affect me, regardless of what any spamassassin conf file
contains.  Correct?

hermit921

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

The easynet blacklists/spamfilters (blackholes.easynet.nl,
proxies.blackholes.easynet.nl, dynablock.easynet.nl,
spamdomains.blackholes.easynet.nl, and the easynet spamlists) will be
discontinued starting Dec 1 2003.

The zonefiles and associated files will be 'zero-sized' on that day. The
domains will continue to resolve for a long time, but they will contain
nothing more than the test records (127.0.0.2 and example.com), so they
will not catch anything.

Are you being DDos'ed out of existence?
- Nope. They probably tried. We didn't even notice it.

Are you being sued?
- Nope. They probably tried. We didn't even notice it.

Are you being threatened?
- Frankly, we will miss that part.

[rest deleted]