Mailscanner workhorse

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Fri Nov 21 07:56:32 GMT 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:27:08 -0700, you wrote:

>Please disregard previous message, as soon as I hit enter it dawned on me
>that our domain was still listed in the 'local-host-names' file. As soon
>as I took it out, all mail is being forwarded as it should.

I would advise against this. When you do this your mailscanner server
will have to bounce all messages your other mailserver doesn't accept
(like user unknown). We have a similar setup, but we feed the
mailscanner server with all the known addresses (in the virtusertable).

user at domain.tld: user at mailhost.domain.tld

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)