MailScanner and SpamAssassin

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Thu Nov 20 13:46:01 GMT 2003

Please post in plain-text

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Gabriele Oleotti [mailto:goleotti at MISAG.IT]
Envoyé : Thursday, November 20, 2003 8:06 AM
À : MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Objet : FW: MailScanner and SpamAssassin

Hello,
I've installed MailScanner 4.24-5 and SpamAssassin 2.60 on my OpenBSD 3.0 with Postfix 1.1.3 mail server.

All is working quite fine. But I have one little problem: Before installing MailScanner I was able to have spam emails sent to the users' mailboxes as attachments, the body of email reports the analysis and X-Spam-Flag header is set accordingly. After installing MailScanner I'm not able to do this anymore. I was successful in setting some headers with spamassassin reports, but nothing more.

If I set
Spam Actions = bounce attachment
[Ugo Bellavance]
anything strange in your logs?

nothing arrives on the user mailbox, nor if I set only attachment (without bounce) but if I set
Spam Actions = deliver

(the default) all is working: headers are created with spam score report and whatever else but message body is delivered as is.

Here is finally my question: is it possible to have MailScanner creating a message just like SpamAssassin does with body=score report and attachment=original message? If not, how can I make the attachment option to work? May be a permission problem on some directory?

Moreover: should enabling the Send Notices send notices even for spamming? or does it work only for viruses?
[Ugo Bellavance]
It works only for viruses.  I asked for a 'send notices' for spam, but it won't be implemented into MailScanner, but it should be added in MailWatch.  I didn't have time yet to install MailWatch, so I can't tell if it is working and how yet.  Maybe try on the MailWatch's list.

Thank you from now,
Gabriele (Italy)