FreeBSD ports

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Tue Nov 18 16:28:41 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know the status of the port. Some changes

1. We will rename the port from /usr/ports/mail/mailscanner to
/usr/ports/mail/MailScanner

2. I created a MailScanner-devel port that will hold the current beta
version. I am not sure how fast the FreeBSD guys will be but I doubt
they will keep up with Julian putting out new betas. Anyway: You will be
able to download the most current MailScanner-devel port at
www.mailscanner.info so no trouble here.

3. The latest final release has not yet been submitted to the ports
tree. I am in close contact to one of the ports-gods of the FreeBSD
projects who now teaches me how to do things "the FreeBSD way". I do not
think that the current final will be released. I suspect Julian will
release his next final version in a few days (Julian?) and if so I will
try to bring that port up ASAP.

4. Due do several changes in the port I think the FreeBSD guys will now
be submitting the changes a lot faster than they have the past months.

So keep hanging on a few more days!

Regards,
 JP