Pyzor testing?

Dan Farmer dan.farmer at PHONEDIR.COM
Tue Nov 18 00:42:28 GMT 2003

Hello all. I'm hoping someone here can help me understand a bit more of
the technical aspects of Pyzor. I can't seem to find much detail about
using it with MS/SA or even on it's own for testing purposes.

I've got MailScanner 4.22-5 on RHAS2.1 with SA/DCC/Razor all installed
and working. I upgraded Python to the latest 2.3.2 and installed Pyzor,
but I haven't seen a single hit in my mail log in over 4 days, while
DCC and Razor have hit on over a thousand messages in the same time
period.

I did a 'service MailScanner reload' first and when I didn't see any
hits over 1/2 hour, then a 'service MailScanner restart' on friday but
nothing - I decided to let it run over the weekend, no hits so far.

'pyzor discover' works and returns 'downloading servers from
http://pyzor.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/inform-servers-0-3-x' anf the
servers file is:
66.250.40.33:24441

Am I correct in trying to test a message like this:
] pyzor check < rfc822.spam
66.250.40.33:24441      (200, 'OK')     48      0

my /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.conf contains:
# Enable or disable network checks
skip_rbl_checks         0
use_razor2              1
use_dcc                 1
use_pyzor               1

And since I've never seen a score for it I'm not even sure I'm
searching for the right string by using:
cat /var/log/maillog* | grep PYZOR

Also I've found no log files for pyzor in ~/.pyzor/ or anywhere else,
even though the default config seems to indicate I sould see a
razord.log or somesuch in that directory...

Thanks in advance,
Dan