MailScanner & Spamassassin install problems on a RaQ550

Al Cooper alc at TLYNX.COM
Sun Nov 16 21:50:24 GMT 2003

I installed MailScanner/SpamAssassin/ClamAV on a RaQ550 using the directions
in this document:

http://www.qitc.net/support/mailscanner/

It was a painless install and everything appeared to work find.  After
further testing I have found that when ever I make a change (from the Cobalt
GUI) on any setting for the e-mail server (i.e. turn the IMAP server on or
off, change the relay parameters, etc.) MailScanner stops processing the
mail.  Sendmail still works but MailScanner/Spamassassin no longer fiters
the mail.  Restating MailScanner restores the spam filtering.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue?

Al Cooper