ClamAV 0.65 problem with Oversized zips

Plant, Dean dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK
Thu Nov 13 13:37:06 GMT 2003

Below is a problem and resolution for ClamAV v0.65 reporting some zip files as oversized zip files.

Hope this is of some help.

Dean Plant

"Plant, Dean" <dean.plant at roke.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just upgraded to ClamAV 0.65 on RH8.0 and have found that it is
> reporting a valid zip file as an Oversized Zip. The 50K zip file
> contains 2 1,487K bitmap files. Is there any reason why this should be
> happening v0.60 had no problems with this file.
>
> ./Looms.zip: Oversized Zip FOUND

Please edit libclamav/scanners.c, the line 64:

#define ZIPOSDET 20 /* FIXME: Make it user definable */

and increase the value to 50.

Best regards,
Tomasz Kojm

Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.