RBL checks not being done?

Matt Kehler mkehler at WRHA.MB.CA
Thu Nov 13 04:38:15 GMT 2003

Weird..I have 2 boxes...seemingly *identical*..but one one the RBL checks are not being done.  I have the below in my MailScanner.conf file

Spam List = ORDB-RBL spamhaus.org spamcop.net

All I ever see in my maillog is

RBL Check spamcop.net timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 1 of 7

Note I have never seen 'failure 2 of 7' or anything else. Always just '1 of 7'.  Mostly spamcop...I have NEVER seen a spamhaus entry in my logs, and only a ocuple of ORDB-RBL entries.  I have compared both installs..the only thing I can figure is that I am missing something 'essential'..like maybe a Perl module?  But I'm not sure what.  Running both boxes on RH7.3, latest MailScanner/SA/Pyzor/DCC.   The spam.lists.conf files are the same on both boxes.

thx
Matt