tempfs

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Nov 12 07:50:19 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 02:46, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

>I would like to know why it is safe exactly...   MailScanner leaves a
>copy of the message somewhere while it works on it?

If I understand it correctly...
MailScanner leaves the original message in the incoming queue (just
locks the files) until it has been processed.  At that point (assuming
no changes are needed) the message is linked in the outgoing queue and
unlinked in the incoming.  In other words the message is always on the
disk, it doesn't even get copied, just moved (which is far more
efficient).