Bayes - No auto learn?

Pete Russell pete at EATATHOME.COM.AU
Tue Nov 11 21:49:25 GMT 2003

I am using postfix, RH9, MS 4.25.5

I have finally set up bayes, so that MailWatch can learn individual messages
(how nice would it be to be able to select all on the quarantine page?), i
have changed the path in /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs to use the
MailScaner bayes dir, (same as path in /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs)
/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/bayes (without the _ on the end)

So now if i do sa-learn-dump magic i get the same result as
sa-learn --prefs-file=/etc/MailScanner/spamassassin.prefs

But none of my scores include any reference to bayes, and the bayes does not
appear in the maillog at all. The values of sa-learn --dump have not changed
at all after 400+ messages have passed through my scanner.

I can manually, using the command line, learn quarantine messages.

I have use_bayes 1 at the end of the prefs file.

I ahve restarted MailScanner after making any changes.

the bayes dir have the following properties (the extra _ in the first 2 is
because i had incorrectly added it in spam.assassin.prefs, and since removed
it)

[root at mail01 root]# ls -al /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/
total 636
drwxrwsr-x    2 root     apache       4096 Nov 12 00:11 .
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root         4096 Nov 11 15:37 ..
-rw-rw----    1 apache   apache      12288 Nov 11 23:25 bayes__seen
-rw-rw----    1 apache   apache      24576 Nov 11 23:25 bayes__toks
-rwxrwx---    1 root     apache      45056 Nov 12 00:11 bayes_seen
-rwxrwx---    1 root     apache     651264 Nov 12 00:11 bayes_toks

What else must i do for MailScanner to use bayes automatically?

kind regards and thanks
Pete