Linux Distrobutions?

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Mon Nov 10 07:54:19 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 04:07, Mail Scanner wrote:

>I downloaded and installed Fedora Core 1, and its RedHat. I think they
>just want to get away from supporting the freely available versions,
>and
>let the linux community provide support, then they can concentrate on
>there enterprise edition.

>Its pretty much the same RedHat.

One point I saw mentioned (don't know whether its actually accurate as I
have no first hand experience) is that fedora is all built for i386.
Although my memory of RedHat is that was all i386 - but its been a
while.
If you're not a kernel rebuilding type then that might be important to
you - one of the things I like about Mandrake is that all the packages
are i586.