Misuse of my domain.

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sun Nov 9 10:50:50 GMT 2003

> From:
> john at urbakken.dk
> Date:
> Sun, 9 Nov 2003 09:35:38 +0100 (CET)
> To:
> Erik <erik at urbakken.dk>

Is this what you see in the mail client? That's not what you should try
to block. The mail content can be faked and it's common for spammers to
use the recipents domain. You should block the envelope from address
instead. You can find it in the header information or in your logs.

>> Since 14 days a "nice" fellow has used my domain. I have tried to get
>> rid of it by setting the e-mail he uses in to the
>> /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.whitelist.rules:

I think it would be more appropriate to use the blacklist for this.

/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.23-11,
SpamAssassin 2.60 + DCC 1.2.9, ClamAV 20030829