New Sophos and PDF Problems

Steve Evans sevans at FOUNDATION.SDSU.EDU
Fri Nov 7 22:39:26 GMT 2003

First of all I already have the line:

Allowed Sophos Error Messages = corrupt format not supported

in MailScanner.conf

While I was out earlier this week a problem appeared with PDF files
being listed as un-scannable.  I'm still trying to get the exact message
the users are getting.  In my maillog though I get lines like the
following.

Nov  7 12:25:58 mx MailScanner[22683]: Could not check
./hA7KPYi23011/ReimbursementReq.pdf (unexpected error [0x80040202])

Anyone know what's going on?  I'm on version 3.73 with IDE's totaling
84277 viruses.  (they're updated hourly, so the latest ones).

Steve Evans
SDSU Foundation