Possible Feature Request - Groups?

Tristan Rhodes tristanr at CI.GRANDJCT.CO.US
Fri Nov 7 19:06:07 GMT 2003

Speaking of front-ends, perhaps this could be implemented into "MailScanner Front End", especially if the developer decides to move it away from the Webmin module (more flexibility).

http://lushsoft.dyndns.org/mailscanner-webmin/

I think this is a great idea, it will make user management much easier to deal with.

Tristan Rhodes

At 15:26 07/11/2003, you wrote:
>Just was busy doing some rulesets on one of my servers with a lot of users
>and a thought came to me.
>
>It would be nice to have definable groups ... Something like:
>
>%etc-dir%/groups.conf:
>user1 at mydomain.com              sales
>user2 at mydomain.com              sales, management
>user3 at mydomain.com              management
>
>Then you can do something like this in a ruleset:
>
>From:           group:sales             no
>FromOrTo:       group:management        yes
>

>Could get quite complicated tho :)
>
>Thoughts and comments?

I think this might be better implemented in a front-end system that managed
the groups. It just then has to be able to spit out ruleset files. Then by
implementing your own system you can have it work exactly the way you want
it, not just the way I feel inclined to implement it.
--
Julian Field

PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654