More SPAM?

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Fri Nov 7 15:06:57 GMT 2003

Hi,

We've had those compromised Windows also and it really put a high load
(and big backlog) on our MS servers.

I wrote a Perl script that watches my maillog every 5 minutes (root's
crontab) and if there are more than 80% of incoming mail from one IP
address it blocks it in ipchains/iptables, stops MS and sendmail,
removes all undelivered mail containing that IP address from the spool
directories, restarts MS (and sendmail) and sends an email to our
security group about it.

It works fine on our RH 7.3 and 9 systems.

If anyone is interested, I can post it.

--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste
Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.