very urgent problem with MailScanner + postfix

David Vosburgh vosburgh at DALSEMI.COM
Fri Nov 7 14:03:30 GMT 2003

I had a similar problem several weeks ago.  I'd first take a look at
your mail log file for signs of any delays while running MS.  In my
particular case, there were SA timeouts during MS processing.  If you
want to jump the gun, you could just disable SA in the mailscanner
config file, restart MS, and see if things speed up.  If it is SA, then
turn on debugging to see where things are slowing down.  You should look
at the various net checks going on there (razor/pyzor/dcc and any
RBL's).  You could selectively disable each one at a time in the
spam.assassin.prefs.conf file to see which one is causing problems.
 Also, several RBL's have gone out of business in the last few
months...you should make sure you aren't using them.

Dave

--

Dave Vosburgh
Sr. Unix System Administrator