Antivirus Solution for Desktops

Sanjay K. Patel sanjay.patel at REXWIRE.COM
Fri Nov 7 05:58:04 GMT 2003

CA etrust is only $14 bucks regardless of server or workstation and can be
centrally managed. Panda comes in second.

-----Original Message-----
Of Marco Obaid
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 12:56 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: OT: Antivirus Solution for Desktops

Hi,

I am evaluating my options to migrate our users' AV desktop protection from
Command AV to another product. Can any of you recommend a Desktop AV
solution to be deployed to around 1000 PCs (95% running windows)?

The most important criteria to me are:

* The AV software has to be light weight in resource-consumption.
  The product we are currently using literally consumes over 70% of
resources.
  (users are not happy)

* Ease of maintenance in terms of pushing updates/new definitions from
  a centeralized server. (we don't care too much about the bells and
whistles)

* Reasonable cost. (not too expensive, not too cheap)

* Finally, good techincal support record.

Within those boundries, what would you recommend based on your experience?

Thank you for any input and my apologies for posting a non-MS related topic.
Marco