New feature request

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Thu Nov 6 14:45:33 GMT 2003

Hi Julian,

> But you can only configure it if running as root, which the
> Exim and Postfix (and probably ZMailer) users aren't.

That cannot be right or we are talking about different things. Currently
you are using a umask of 700 for creating files:

# Set umask nice and safe so no-one else can access anything!
umask 0077;

Every process is able to set its own umask. Moreover that umask is ok
for all files/dirs with the exception of the quarantine files. Are you
sure that there is no way to create files in that location with a
different user/group/umask?

Regards,
  JP