Sophos stuff

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Thu Nov 6 14:17:27 GMT 2003

Julian Field wrote:
> At 11:02 06/11/2003, you wrote:
>
>> 2. The resultant vdl file vdl-3.75a.dat breaks autoupdate - I presume
>> it's looking for a 375a_ides.zip ? Would this have worked if I had the
>> new beta of MailScanner? Creating a link in the lib directory called
>> vdl-375.dat permitted autoupdate to work again.
>

> You just need a newer sophos-autoupdate. You must have quite an old one, I
> fixed this a while ago.

Sept 30 this year - the 4.24-5 one...

Actually, I've just tried it again having removed the link I created
earlier and it's worked fine. It failed when called the 1st time by
Sophos.install...

Oh well - never mind - sorry for bothering folks...

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"