New feature request

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Thu Nov 6 13:51:09 GMT 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:39:27 +0000, you wrote:

>>just a small thing: I noticed that all entries in quarantine etc. are
>>created with 700 rights. This is safe "but" is a problem when you want
>>to grant access to quarantine folders via web (e.g. mailwatch). Could
>>you make this configurable? Umask, user, group?
>
>But you can only configure it if running as root, which the Exim and
>Postfix (and probably ZMailer) users aren't.

I am running sendmail (and MailScanner) as user mail and the files are
owned by mail with 600. You could change this to 640 with the group
configured in MailScanner.conf. And when the webserver runs as that
group it can at least read the files. Copying or moving (as we do) them
to /var/spool/mqueue is something different.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)