spam action

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 10:26:03 GMT 2003

At 10:18 06/11/2003, you wrote:
>While this seems great - what do you do if you only want to have rules
>for some people? At our company the bosses would like to have rulesets
>for the important folk, but a blanket approach for the lower ranks.
>
>How would you define in a ruleset? Or could you have the regular setting
>AND a ruleset specified in mailscanner.conf ?
>
>To:     vip1.domain.com         bounce
>To:     vip2.domain.com         bounce
>To:     everyone at domain.com     deliver

Spam Actions = /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.actions.rules

Then in /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.actions.rules put this:

To:     vip1 at domain.com bounce
To:     vip2 at domain.com bounce
To:     *@domain.com    deliver
FromOrTo:       default deliver

On each line you can specify multiple spam actions, so you might actually
want lines like
To:     vip1 at domain.com bounce store
so that you don't actually throw away mail destined for vip1.

--
Julian Field

PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654