archive function question

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 10:00:44 GMT 2003

At 00:45 06/11/2003, you wrote:
>Archive Mail = /var/spool/wherever/whatever
>

>Now, I know that if the "whatever" portion is a file, then the archive is
>written in mbox format, which is awesome, but for kicks on a second system,
>I made "whatever" a directory and it wrote a ton of files in there ... what
>format are those in?

It will be 1 file per message in RFC822 format if you are not archiving
them as "raw queue files".
If you are archiving them as "raw queue files" then there will be 1 (or 2,
depending on which MTA you are using) file(s) per message, in the correct
format for dropping straight into the outgoing queue directory.
--
Julian Field

PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654