sendmail message splitting defeats bandwidth savings?

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Thu Nov 6 07:46:02 GMT 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:20:36 +0100 (CET), you wrote:

>> I checked and I got 4.500.000 messages last month. The total number of
>> recipients was 4.900.000. So splitting it would increase the load with
>> 9%. I wouldn't call that drastically.
>
>We processed 55.500.000 messages last month, and rcpts were 92.000.000
>so its a little depending on your setup i guess.

I know. But that was my message. You can't decide on the numbers of one
site how to handle splitting of messages. I would prefer the old way to
keep it in sendmail. If MS would be able to do it, I would want it
configurable (default = off).

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)