maillog message: "WorkList for /var/spool/mqueue.in maxed out at 1"

Jim Munroe jmunroe at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Nov 3 20:03:29 GMT 2003

Hi,

I recently upgrade to MailScanner version 4.24-5 (rpm install) and upgraded sendmail to the Redhat 8.0 rpm ver sendmail-8.12.8-9.80 (hence my confusion as to where the problem really lies).  Now the mqueue.in folder is filling up dramatically and mail is moving extremely slow from the mqueue.in.  The only message I keep seeing in the maillog is "sendmail[9389]: WorkList for /var/spool/mqueue maxed out at 1".

The OS is Redhat Linux 8.0 Pro (kernel 2.4.18-27.8.0)

has anyone seen this before and/or have any suggestions on how to fix this situation?

Thanks,

Jim Munroe