OT: Linux Distrobutions?

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Mon Nov 3 19:57:51 GMT 2003

I have a lot of ppl telling me that gentoo is a good distro.  Not only
because you never ever need to upgrade the distro anymore, you can update
your system to the latest packages with one command but also because the
baisc install cd (only 50 megs) contains only basic packages, downloads
the latest version of everything and compiles it from scratch,
specifically for your architecture.

Installing a package should be as simple as typing "emerge package"
(provided they support your package ofcourse.

Because of the RedHat anouncement I will not only continue to try
and build my own RedHat EL version but will install Gentoo on a box
tomorrow too.

But as usual, if you ask advice on a distro, each reply recommends another
distro.