workaround for "file size limit exceeded" messages?

Chris Yuzik chris at fractalweb.com
Mon Nov 3 17:38:27 GMT 2003

Is there a workaround for "file size limit exceeded" message issue that I'm
seeing in maillog whenever ClamAV detects either Worm.Mimail.C or Worm.Bics?

It appears that ClamAV is correctly identifying the virus but that extra
status message is causing MailScanner to get confused and (I think) letting
the virus through. I just signed up to the ClamAV mailing list, and at least
one person is suggesting that this is a MailScanner issue.

Any workarounds or fixes?

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Yuzik
chris at fractalweb.com
604-304-0444

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go
away".
                -- Philip K. Dick