changing from redhat 7 to debian stable ?

Robert Waldner waldner at WALDNER.PRIV.AT
Mon Nov 3 10:58:50 GMT 2003

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:38:23 GMT, Declan Grady writes:
>I'm intending to change my mailserver box from redhat 7.0 to debian stable.

Very good idea ;)

>Im using f-prot and spamassasin with MailScanner 4.23-11 which I installed
>from rpm's
>
>Anything I need to be aware of  to install the same setup on debian ?

MailScanner+SpamAssassin in stable are *ancient*, too ancient to be exact.

But Adrian Bunk's backports are excellent as always, just throw in the
 following to your sources.list:

# adrian bunk backports, zb spamassassin
deb http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/debian woody/bunk-1 main contrib non-free

cheers,
&rw
--
-- That's what I like about this place...no LART is so good
-- that it can't be improved upon.        Jeff McAdams, ASR