Strange log

Greg Lewis lewisg at FREELAND.K12.MI.US
Fri May 30 13:05:43 IST 2003

Using RedHat 8/SpamAssassin 2.55/ClamAV/MailScanner 4.20.

If I run MC without starting SA, which I think is the correct way, the maillog files have
three
lines (three failed attempts) of starting spamd, as follows:

date..time..servername...spamc[4056]: connect( ) to spamd at 127.0.0.1 failed, retrying
(1/3): Connection refused

However if I first start SA, or at any point start SA with MS running, all is well and no
complaints in the log.
I'm now running MS with the spamchecking and SA off, and have each running
independently.