nod32 experience

Tony Johansson tony.johansson at SVENSKAKYRKAN.SE
Fri May 30 07:45:41 IST 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003 21:29:28 +0100, Julian Field
<mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

>At 20:39 28/05/2003, you wrote:
>>Could anyone share their experience using the nod32 scanner with
>>MailScanner?
>>I just got word from their sales department that we could license it for
>>$200 per server, unlimited number of users.
>
>You need to get version 1.99 from them.
>If you manage to get a copy of it out of them that actually works (it has
>totally different command-line options from previous versions) then please
>let me know. I have given up on them, they are very friendly but can't send
>me a proper installation of 1.99 that works.
>--
>Julian Field
>www.MailScanner.info
>Professional Support Services at www.MailScanner.biz
>MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support

I contacted their sales department for a trial version. They couldnt
provide that, I did however get a time-limited account for the "real"
version. After installing and updating I notice its "NOD32 Version 1.420
(20030529)"

Is this no good with MailScanner? Why do we need 1.99?

regards, Tony