MTA

David While David.While at UCE.AC.UK
Thu May 29 16:07:21 IST 2003

Looks like your server is going into overload - I suspect SpamAssassin was
timed out because the system was so heavily loaded. Sendmail has built into
it a mechanism such that if the machine load goes above a certain figure it
will not accept any more incoming mail. From the message your load was 13.
This means that your server was rejecting any incoming SMTP connections
until the load reduces.

David While
Technical Development Manager
Faculty of Computing, Information & English
University of Central England
Tel: 0121 331 6211

                      Steve Hickel
                      <smhickel at CHARTER        To:       MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
                      MI.NET>                  cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: MTA
                      MailScanner
                      mailing list
                      <MAILSCANNER at JISC
                      MAIL.AC.UK>

                      29/05/2003 15:54
                      Please respond to
                      MailScanner
                      mailing list

All,

Anybody have any idea what this means and how it affects my email?

SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive failure 1 of 20
May 29 10:46:41 mailscan - MailScanner SpamAssassin timed out and was
killed, consecutive failure 2 of 20
May 29 10:46:34 mailscan - sendmail rejecting connections on daemon MTA:
load average: 13

Thanks,

Steve Hickel