News---Re: virus from 'support@microsoft.com' not blocked?

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Thu May 29 09:09:03 IST 2003

Excuse me for being stupid in advance but I know virtually nothing about
Perl and when I installed the required modules for MailScanner I used
CPAN as recommended.

# perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> install SOME::MODULE

I silently ignored your patches because I didn't know how to apply them.
When I installed the modules a lot of compiling seemed to go on, should
I download source, patch it first and then compile it all manually? Or
can I do it afterwards? How? Do I have to reinstall anything?

Maybe just one extra line of info on this page would help or is it
somewhere else?

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/perl.shtml

I just learned how to spell Perl correctly. :-)

/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun