summary: opinions on web-based email

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Tue May 27 14:31:06 IST 2003

"Jeff A. Earickson" <jaearick at COLBY.EDU> wrote:

>   My query regarding web-based email software yielded six
>votes for SquirrelMail (http://www.squirrelmail.org/), four
>votes for IMP (http://www.horde.org/imp/), four votes for
>OpenWebMail (http://openwebmail.org/), one vote for TWIG
>(http://twig.screwdriver.net), and one vote for Prayer
>(http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/prayer/).  I would
>glean from the opinions that the first three are the most
>full featured, with IMP being the product for large institutions
>(but harder to deploy).  Thanks to all who answered.

How large is large? Our Prayer setup is handling 12000 users (up to
39000 logins/day and 1.5 million page views) on about half a PC.
It has the disadvantage of being relatively new and not having many
installations.

Tony.
THE MULL OF GALLOWAY TO MULL OF KINTYRE INCLUDING THE FIRTH OF CLYDE AND THE
NORTH CHANNEL: SOUTHEAST 2 OR 3 VEERING SOUTHWEST 3 OR 4. OUTBREAKS OF RAIN OR
DRIZZLE AT TIMES. GOOD TO MODERATE. SLIGHT.