OT: SA Timeout Issues

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed May 21 19:43:00 IST 2003

Well there's two factors here

1) the default timeout within SA for a RBL is 30 seconds and the default
timeout in older versions of mailscanner for a SA run was 30 seconds. This
means that any time an RBL is offline, MS kills SA..

Julian has since increased the default SA timeout, but I'd advise fixing
the problem by reducing the RBL timeout in SA. It minimizes the impact of
off-line RBLs anyway..

# cd /usr/local/MailScanner/etc/
# grep timeout spam.assassin.prefs.conf
rbl_timeout 10
razor_timeout 10

2) the orbs RBL, along with all of dorkslayers.com, seems to have
disappeared from the net, causing the above situation.