too many children processes

Brad White brad at LTINETWORKS.COM
Wed May 21 17:41:04 IST 2003

I see 10 processes, and they are all from the 4.0 binary.  It happens after a reboot, and I don't see anything in the init.d startup file that would start extra copies.

brad

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Mariano Absatz [mailto:mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR]
	Sent: Wed 5/21/2003 8:26 AM
	To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
	Subject: Re: too many children processes

	I guess you have more than one instance of MailScanner running...
	ps -auxw --forest
	should hint you about it (maybe an old 3.x installation?)

	If whenever you reboot, you still get more MailScanner processes than
	expected, then
	grep -i mailscanner /etc/init.d/*
	may hint you about why it is starting at boot time

	--
	Mariano Absatz
	El Baby