too many children processes

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Wed May 21 16:26:40 IST 2003

I guess you have more than one instance of MailScanner running...
ps -auxw --forest
should hint you about it (maybe an old 3.x installation?)

If whenever you reboot, you still get more MailScanner processes than
expected, then
grep -i mailscanner /etc/init.d/*
may hint you about why it is starting at boot time

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby