Couple simple questions

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Wed May 21 00:00:28 IST 2003

I think the answer to your first question is the 'Always Include
SpamAssassin Report = ' option in MailScanner.conf

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Kevin Miller
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 5:47 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Couple simple questions

I'm just getting started w/MailScanner, so am a bit fuzzy on some of the
finer points so thought I'd ask.

First, I'm running MailScanner with SpamAssassin 2.53 & sendmail on a Linux
box.  Clean mail is relayed to the intended target on our enternal mail
server (MS Exchange) and spam is forwarded to a particular recipient on the
Exchange server.  When some spam slips through, I'll check the headers to
see what the score is, and what tests were run.  As it turns out, if the
message is clean the tests and score aren't added in the headers.  Can this
be turned on so scores and tests are always displayed?

Also, if I want to add tests to SA or wiggle the scores so that some tests
are higher (such as white space in the subject: SUBJ_HAS_SPACES) I'm not
sure where to do that.  I believe a stock SA install would dictate to put
them in the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file, however the
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.pref.conf seems to be a candidate too.  So
where is the appropriate place to add tests or score adjustments?  Since
this is a relay/gateway server, there aren't home directories for individual
pref files - all the mail is shlepped right on through.

I probably have other questions too, but they escape me at the moment.

TIA...

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500