Batch sizes?

Tim Bishop tim-lists at BISHNET.NET
Tue May 20 22:39:43 IST 2003

What do people think is a sensible batch size?

I notice the default is 100 - but my feeling is this is a little too
high if you're doing spamassassin and RBL checks. My system took a fair
while to process that many in one go this morning - they also got mostly
taken by the first MailScanner process, leaving the others mostly idle.

So is it better to do doing small but quick batches? or is it better
to do larger but longer batches? The latter results in quite a delay on
the mail... whilst at least the former gives a reassuring trickle :-)

Cheers,
Tim.